Saturday, August 19, 2006

e-mails i want to keep

this is from sharon, an american friend i met in bucharest in a choir singing christmas carols in december 1989! she is now 63 and retired to asheville, NC! she is jobhunting to pay of her debts after buying a house there this spring!


"Yeah, I posted my resume on Career Builder dot com and got a response from one company who needs a Legal Secretary/Assistant. They're calling people for interviews shortly. Yesterday, I also faxed my resume with an accompanying cover letter to a woman who is looking for an "A+ Assistant" to work for "Wonder Woman" in a fast-paced, stressful environment. She sounded totally loopy yet interesting/intriguing, so it won't hurt to find out what the business/job is and what she expects, etc. I'll keep you posted on those and any other jobs that come up.

A book I can highly recommend to you is one by Sheila Kay Adams titled "My Old True Love." Absolutely fantastic story teller and a native of the Appalachian region near Asheville. You will love the story, which takes place just before, during and after the Civil War.

Hugs and bises galore! Shar"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home